Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I love comments if you feel like making one, or you could email me at kay.accessatgmaildotcom

December 28, 2009

Further adventures of the GHD box

Hope everyone had a fab time over Christmas.  What did Santa bring you?  I got a lovely Troll bead bracelet and some beads for it from my DDs, a pair of earrings, a set of L'Occitane hand lotions in different "flavours", Elemis bath cream and some other beauty products plus..... THE STASH!! 
Some of you may have read my post on UKS here about how my DDs insisted I had asked for a cuttlebug so they bought me one which turned out to be a BIA (woohoo).  I also got a set of Christina Renee stamps (No. 2) which is in just the coolest packaging! Ten Second metal in periwinkle and mocha, a couple of ribbon boxes and some ribbons, Prima flowerage (yay), three canvases (small, medium and large) and two cuttlebug dies. Phew! 
Anyway, George/Georgina was well recieved and now has pride of place on youngest DDs dressing table.  Oldest DD loved THE BOX......
A while back I posted this about a box which once contained GHD hair straighteners that I was working on.  Well I persevered with the gessoing and sanding, then I painted it grey, then painted over that with Viva precious metal paint in pink, then used one of the 7 Gypsies papers from the Happy Daze blog candy on the outside as well as some grungeboard letters covered in pink Ten Second metal and a couple of images from Crafty Individuals and this is the result


The inside was lined with a couple of layers of decopatch papers then I cut up the tube from a kitchen roll to make a couple of holders for cotton wool balls and hair clips and covered those in the same papers and fixed them in. I then gave a spritz with some Mallow Blush cosmic shimmer mist.  I used some pink Prima paper for the folding up bit and some Basic Grey for the inside of the lid which I then added some more Crafty Individuals images to

I then gave it a coat of varnish to secure all the papers and it now sits on her dressing table with all her make-up and bits in it.

Happy New Year! 

4 comments:

Virginia said...

Absolutely fabulous use of the box, I'm not surprised that they loved it!

Julia Dunnit said...

It's fab Kay, and a great idea. It's amazing how different it looks from the original blog post!

Carmen said...

What an absolutely amazing box! Love it and am not surprised dd did too :)

Anonymous said...

Fabulous! Love it and I bet your DD did too! I started to alter a little box for my DD, that had pringle socks in it from a past christmas, you've inspired me to get it finished! x