Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I love comments if you feel like making one, or you could email me at kay.accessatgmaildotcom

December 05, 2010

Interlude

For some reason I couldn't get going on Tag 5 today, my t!m mojo went missing :(  Instead I made a birthday card that I have been putting off for a while.  Inspiration struck and I set to work putting it all together:




I did all the stamping (PaperArtsy Hot Picks) in Aged Mahogany DI, Coffee and Jet Black Archival, and was quite pleased with the result.  The background paper is a sort of linen colour and the colours really went well together.  Stuck the lace trim on the bottom, mounted the whole thing onto the card blank, inked up the Birthday Wishes stamp with Aged Mahogany and stamped it.... UPSIDE DOWN!!!!  It looked beautiful, except for the greeting being up the wrong way :o
Did some quick thinking and cut a nestie label from the left over background paper, stamped again onto that (the right way up!) and mounted that over the mistake.  Only problem then was it covered part of the top of the thistle, so I rummaged through my stash and found some Prima flowerage in a suitable colour and stuck that in the right place.  Phew! I don't think anyone will notice, as long as you guys promise not to tell!

5 comments:

Helen said...

Promise not to tell a soul!! Well rescued from that di-sarrrsss-ter! Love the stamping (well, who could fail with those fab stamps!) & the colours are wonderful.

Carmen said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I'm tellin'!

It is lovely - I would never have known without you saying :)

Tracy Evans said...

Lovely card, I really like the colour combination and I always like to see this stamped image, it's gorgeous. Tracy Evans x x

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Gorgeous card Kay, I love it ;-) You made me giggle over the details of what went wrong hehe, still it looks fab now.
Love the tag below too. I don't know if I'll take part this year but if I do it'll only be an odd one if inspiration strikes.

donnalouiserodgers said...

'Tis nice to see art work as well as the tags, love what you did with the flower - what a hAppy accident, and i love the colour scheme - so restful after reds and greens! and blues!

Dx