Thanks for stopping by. I love comments if you feel like making one, or you could email me at kay.accessatgmaildotcom
July 25, 2010
Alter it Montly Challenge - July
Sneaking in just under the wire for this month's Alter it Monthly challege, which is Home Sweet Home, here is my entry - a wall hanging.
This has taken quite a while as so much else has been going on. I started back at the beginning of the month tearing and inking and stencilling and shimmer misting and generally altering some corrugated cardboard (you can see it at that stage here if you like). I then had a bit of a hectic couple of weeks and the corrugated card just sat there on my desk, neglected, until I found a bit of time and made some background to stick onto the card with papers that I inked, stamped, tore and again generally altered, even making an attempt at shabby chic while I was at it (more about that stage here).
At that point I got fed up with my craft area and started a mass clear up. That is still going on but I realised I needed to get this finished if I was going to enter it! So I dug out some stuff and had a fun day yesterday cutting out some letters, covering them with PP, inking them, sticking them on and then just had a play with all kinds of stuff to stick on them. The flowers are made with t!m's tattered floral die and bits of fabric and left over PP from the letters, the cat is a Stampotique image stamped onto grungepaper and inked with Spiced Marmalade DI, the stamped butterflies are Wendy Vecchi again on grungepaper this time painted with Viva metallic paint (the bodies are a row of beads), and the hearts are grungeboard inked with Nick Bantock Damson, covered with clear Croco and then shimmer misted with a few colours (whichever ones I grabbed that weren't clogged), the lock and key are grungeboard covered with Old Gold Ferro and sprayed with the same shimmer mists. I also stuck on some random bling and lace just because I could, then used my crop-a-dile to attach eyelets and tied the panels together with some overdied embroidery floss I had in my cross stitch stash. I used swivel clasps at the top to hang it with.
This was really fun to make :) Now I have to go back to trying to organise my mountain of stash.... not sure how I managed to pack it away before, it seems to have grown since I've been moving it around!!