Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I love comments if you feel like making one, or you could email me at kay.accessatgmaildotcom

April 05, 2010

Another Card!

I'm getting in to this card lark now.  This one is for my older DD, her birthday is two weeks after my younger DD's (there is only 11.5 months difference in ages between them, so for two weeks each year they are the same age!)
I took a white glittery card blank (not sure why I have those, must have been drunk when I bought them!) and matted some black card and then some blue mirror card (obviously purchased on the same alcoholic spending spree as the card blanks!).  I'm improving on the matting slightly too since buying myself one of those clear rulers with a metal strip and markings on them (no, not the one by Sir t!m, but similar).  I then made a sparkly, grungy background by dabbing some Brilliance inks onto my craft mat, spritzing them with water then plonking (technical term) some white card onto the wet ink, drying, then plonking some more.  The frame is, I think, a Maya Road one, painted with crackle paint then, when that was dry I rubbed on some walnut stain DI and then some gold wax.  I used a Crafty Individuals background paper with butterflies on in the frame then stuck that on to the card as well as the pink and brown butterflies which are from a haberdashery dept somewhere.  The chipboard butterfly is again Maya Road.  I painted it with viva precious metal paint then stuck on lots of bling.
Hope everyone is having a great Easter.  I'm looking forward to Ally Pally on Saturday where I shall head for the LB Crafts stand and pull faces at Ms Linda E :)

3 comments:

Annie said...

Fab card. I love butterflies :-)
A x

Helen said...

See, Kay - you can do cards just fine! Hope to bump into you Saturday - you know where we'll both be!!

Sandra said...

oohhh I so like this, she'll be over the moon with it.