Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I love comments if you feel like making one, or you could email me at kay.accessatgmaildotcom

March 14, 2010

Random Canvas

Happy Mother's Day to all UK mums.  My two DD's have been spoiling me this morning and got me a lovely box of Lindt Petit Desserts.. yummy!
I've had a small canvas sitting around for ages with just a first background layer done on it.  Actually it featured in a WOYWW back in February.  It had some gesso and a couple of layers of acrylic paint plus a bit of text stamping and sequin waste inking on it.
So this poor neglected canvas has been hanging around waiting to be completed but my mojo just wasn't feeling it, until yesterday.  Inspired by Hels mini canvas in the February issue of Craft Stamper I decided to mess around with some Terra background techniques.  One small problem.... no Terra! Eeek!  Not to be put off, I dug out a jar of Golden Moulding Paste and mixed some with Raw Sienna acrylic paint and used that instead.  I slapped that on about half the canvas then used some Iron Ferro on the other half just for fun.  Stamped into it all with a damp text stamp then sprayed a some cosmic shimmer mists in golden fish and peacock green.  Using the heatgun between layers made even more texture in the background as the fake Terra bubbled up just like Hels had said the real thing did.
The colour of the original paint plus the two shimmer mists made a lovely green colour similar to Peeled Paint DI so I inked that on to some grungepaper and stamped on a couple of Studio 490 butterflies and used some seed beads for the bodies.  The chipboard shape is actually cut out of a cereal packet which I then inked with Dusty Concord, stamped a Studio 490 background in Coffee archival ink then another Studio 490 fern in Aged Mahogany then a dusting of Perfect Pearls to give some shine.  The word is, of course, a t!m stamp.  I used Olive archival ink for that, stuck on the butterflies then used some of t!m's foliage in one of the other corners.  I used the blossom nesties in my bug to cut some text paper and tissue paper.  I inked them up with some Peeled Paint DI then sprayed them with some Golden fish and Peacock Green and fixed the smaller one with a long fastener and the other one I used a white prima flower sprayed with Peacock Green and a prima gem in the middle.  I then dug through my treasure box of broken earrings, pendants and anything shiny and fixed these onto magic mesh to look sort of like a fishing net type of thing.  A few more prima gems and flat back pearls to add some random bling and I decided I was done.
Wierdly enough, the Sunday Stampers Challenge over on Hels blog is Bits & Pieces, and this is definitely that, so I guess I am entering this week, LOL.

6 comments:

Helen said...

Kay, this looks just great! That fake terra worked really well. Superb.

Unknown said...

Thanks for your comment. Love the texture on your piece. Funny how useful old earings and necklaces are!

Hels Sheridan said...

Absolutely fantastic...and wow, the fake Terra sounds FAB.. I have that golden texture stuff and have never tried to heat dry it before..w.hat a brill idea...loving this piece..thanks for joining in hun...have a great week x

Carmen said...

This is great Kay - love all the texture you've got going on on this piece.

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

This is wonderful ;) Love it all, great use of a cereal box LOL
Anne xx

Nishant said...

That fake terra worked really well.
data entry work from home