Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I love comments if you feel like making one, or you could email me at kay.accessatgmaildotcom

January 24, 2010

Very Busy Week

This week has been rather hectic with the result that I have been left with very little time (or energy).  I had an emergency site meeting in Yeovil, my six-monthly oncology follow-up (all clear thankfully, still waiting for the mammogram results though), had to pull a 12 hour day to catch up on urgent stuff at work.... phew!


All I have managed to do creatively is start preparing some backgrounds for an online art journaling course I am taking.  I had been playing around with the idea for a while, and enjoyed the Soul Journaling stuff, so decided to just go for it.  I signed up for Visual Journalism 101 with Pam Carricker details here.  So far I have only managed to watch the video and read the download for week 1 and start my backgrounds.  I have managed to slap a layer of paint on, then leave it to dry, then do another layer the next day.  This first pic shows one with 3 layers of paint so far.

This one is a bit further along with some "imperfect" stamping (a very good technique for me as I find perfect stamping a bit of a challenge!) and some textures added.  There is some clear gesso stamping you can't see which is going to be used as a resist once it dries thoroughly, then I get to add some "fly poo" ROFL.  I used a Paperartsy mini text stamp for this one, and I have done another one with the same colours but using a music stamp for variety.
 
I haven't completed my 52 in 10 prompt 3 this week.  The prompt was to think about what advice you would give your younger self.  I know what I want to say, but I'm not sure how to say it, so I'm procrastinating.  I've decided I am going to move on to prompt 4 which is up today and come back to prompt 3.  I am preparing one of these background for it though once I am ready to journal my thoughts.
I'm also waiting to see what Document 2010 is all about.  The first prompt goes live tomorrow, when I will be on route to Birmingham for a two day visit to a furniture trade show, so I won't get to find out properly until Tuesday night!  Looks like another busy week ahead :(
 

3 comments:

Carmen said...

You do sound busy, busy, busy. Good news on your follow up results.

Your pages look scrummy - am looking forward to seeing the next stages - you did make me laugh with your fly poo!

Julia Dunnit said...

Well the follow-up was a good 'un! Thse pages are already looking marvellous. Do you sleep, ever?

Susie Sugar said...

Great little tutoirial and I love theos papers thanks for sharing
Hugs Susie xx