Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I love comments if you feel like making one, or you could email me at kay.accessatgmaildotcom

January 09, 2010

Pondering mortality

I can't believe it's been almost a week since I last posted!  I haven't done anything creative or crafty, or anything at all really!  
Now that I am 50 I get to experience the joy of the mammogram and had my first one on Friday.  All week I have been feeling restless, unsettled and generally wierd.  I finally realised it was fear of the mammogram or rather of the results.  Having been through cervical cancer and the treatment a couple of years ago I really don't want to have to go through it all again.  Thing is, my mother had breast cancer and I took the pill for quite a while, both of which put me at increased risk of breast cancer myself.  Add to that the previous cancer treatment which can, of course, cause cancer.  
I'm just being morbid really, and I should just pull myself together and get over it.  I just wish it was two weeks from now and I had my results and could forget the whole thing!
Anyway, I will leave you with a picture of a squirrel.  He and I got into a bit of a disagreement a while ago because he wanted me to get away from his tree and I just wanted to take more pictures of him.  Here he is telling me off:

 

6 comments:

Helen said...

Kay, I felt exactly the same last year - I got my "invitation" on my 50th in the post with my birthday cards - and spent many restless days waiting for the results. (ok, thank God!) I am sure you;ll be fine. Take care.

Unknown said...

What a horrible start to your year ... here's wishing you the best news ... and that squirrel is sooooo cute!

Julia Dunnit said...

I don't think it's morbid at all, and as for pulling yorself out of it - you can't - on account of how you're a human bean. We'll wait with you...it makes me restless for you!

Carmen said...

You're not morbid, it's human nature. I'm exactly the same. It's all over my family and it's what took my Mum away so I've already said to my OH I feel like it's not a case of if, but when, that I will get it all. He says I'm morbid about that.

We're all here for you during your wait Kay :)

Sandra said...

Not a great way to start the year for you - and really I don't think you're being morbid one bit. But hopefully knowing that people are thinking of you and wishing you everything good, will help slightly. xxx

Claire said...

you're not being morbid at all, it is a worrying thing. Hoping everything is ok for you.
x