I have had a mini tin sitting around for a while now, and then I got t!m's rosette die which gave me a vague idea (yes, I know, all my ideas are vague!). Then I saw this month's Artistic Stamper challenge and got a further idea. After delays and a lot of dithering and dathering and boring work, I finally got around to making something:
Is it a tin? Is it a butterfly? Is it a fairy? Your guess is as good as mine LOL. I coloured the outside with Stream alcohol ink then stuck on some bits of old dictionary pages. Texture on the tin was made by splodging on some moulding paste that I had first coloured with some acrylic paint. I then sprinkled on some different coloured embossing powders and heated it all to melt the EP and bubble up the moulding paste. An Ideology hitch fastener made a good handle for opening so inside..........
I used some Graphic 45 Steampunk Debutante papers (love, love, love that range!) and added a bingo counter spritzed with glimmer mists, an old cloissone earring and a flattened gold bead cap. I also smeared some stickled around because you can never have enough sparkly stuff.
The "head" is made from a rosette die cut from paper from the Lost and Found stack with a face from the Steampunk Debutante collection.
The wings are grungeboard shapes I found in my stash and covered with the same paper as I used for the rosette. I edged them with Broken China DI then embossed the edges with some holographic EP to give a bit of sparkle, and used a rose cut from the Steampunk papers to hide the joins. I then added a bit more stickles to add more sparkle.
Anyway, whatever it is, it has wings so it qualifies for the challenge, and it is just before the end of January so I'm in time to submit this for the January Things With Wings challenge.