Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I love comments if you feel like making one, or you could email me at kay.accessatgmaildotcom

May 05, 2010

A very late WOYWW

So late it's almost a WOYWThursday!!  T'internet is finally reconnected at work, but not until about 5.30pm so I couldn't post from work.  Had to wait until I got home, did all kinds of stuff and now, finally, I have had a chance to take a quick pic and here it is:
Not much of the desk on show I'm afraid.  You can just see the edge of my paint mixing wotsit on the left with a selection of chipboard bird shapes in it.  I intended to use them for something, but I can't remember what now.  The little black thing at the top was from a tube of some kind of glue, and I have found it very useful for unblocking my glossy accents from time to time.  The letters are MDF ones that I got from somewhere ages ago and never got around to doing anything with.  I finally decided to alter them this week and have been doing bits and pieces to them.  First I gave them a coat of Traditional Tan paint each, then another one for luck.  The pink then has some K & Co Madeleine paper stuck to the top then I swiped some tattered rose DI around the edge.  The other one I stamped a Wendy Vecchi stamp with coffee Archival Ink then swiped the edge with brushed corduroy DI.  Both of them were then coated with the very last of my transparent Croco and left to dry.  This evening when I got in from work I smooshed some walnut stain DI into the cracks then wiped the excess off with a baby wipe.  I've then spritzed some mallow pink and antique copper cosmic shimmer mist onto the pink one and some rich gold and antique copper onto the other one.  Not sure what I am going to do with them next.... maybe I'm finished... what do you guys think?
Ok, off now to see what's on everyone else's desks this Wednesday (maybe it will be Thursday by the time I've finished looking!).

16 comments:

HeARTworks said...

Wow! What a lot of work on those letters- it turned out well! Where are you going to put it?

Helen said...

Love those letters! At least Man City lost tonight so Torres won't be going there next season - I hope he stays or we're done for....
I will try to save up for an Artsycraft weekend, they look amazing.

Unknown said...

Trust me ... it will take you until tomorrow ... I have been at it all day ... you know the desk thingy ... it is quite huge this week! Loving the finish you have on them there letters ... great stuff ... and who is JJ!

P.S I am going to Ranger U :0)

Carmen said...

Pretty letters Kay, so lovely. I am not even half way through the desks, - it's going to be a thursday hello from me to most of them :)

Hello, I'm Vicki said...

ooh those letters are fabby!!!! so cute xx

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Loving the letters :) They're finished if you want them to be ;)
Anne x

Mandy said...

this letters are amazing! thanks for sharing, have a wonderful week, hugs mandyxx

Anonymous said...

The letters look brilliant Kay! Are you going to atsycraft then? I'm going at the end the may!
Alison x

Virginia said...

I love the letters and the fact you're using things up that you've had in ages - I'm on a mission doing the same at the minute!

I love the different colours you've used!

Annie said...

Love what you are doing with the letters. How about a swing left or right next week to show the world you live in....We like messy places best :-)
A x

Twiglet said...

Gorgeous colours on those letters.

Julia Dunnit said...

It's well into Thursday Kay, and I'm still looking - still loving it too! I like the letters...no idea if they're finished or not..never ask me that, my art teacher used to tear hair out at my inability to know when to stop!

Spyder said...

I t will take you til next week to get round, no going to work! Love the letters are they going to hang somewhere an ill we get to see them hanging??
(Lyn)

Angie said...

I think those beautiful Letters are totally finished ..less is more sort of thing ...they are fantastic

Unknown said...

Hi Kay - thanks for all your visits and lovely kind words and wishes over the past couple of weeks... really appreciate them.

Forgive me for asking - because you have probably said - and i've not been blogging - but what does JJ stand for... again, sorry if you've said!!!

As I mentioned, and you already know really, this is my first proper bloghop in over 2 weeks, so i'll have to come back and catch up with your other posts when i'm all up to date.

Take care

Paula x x x

Jan Hennings said...

Looks like fun!